Monday, March 19, 2012

"I'll Shine When You Shine" Day #1: Inspiration


Big Monday Morning Stretch!!!

Let's be inspired by...(I'm laughing as I write this btw)

Words!!! My love affair with words is currently the focus of all of my attention.
In my readings last night I came across Cassirer's "The same function which the image of God performs, the same tendency to permanent existence, may be ascribed to the uttered sounds of language."

-he means that words shape our realities, our perceptions. Giving them an authority God had for other generations.

In reading this; and then having the opportunity to surround my self in a sleepless night surrounding it. I woke up wanting to 1. share it and 2. spend some time making art in regards to it.

Daily inspiration #1
Pick a word any word. Create you're artwork whatever it may be around that word.
If your art today is to choose your words impeccably then I suggest a word that might encourage kindness, gratitude etc...

My word will inspire art. I also wrote this little piece last night and after I wrote it I wondered how many others had written the same thing...seems like something that many people would scribble down once the same word that passed thru me; passed thru them.

"there was a moment in this where I had to decide which love I wanted more; and I chose the one that was certain... and there is certainly something to be said about certainty."

Talula picks Certainty. What is your inspiring word for today???

1 comment: