Monday, March 5, 2012

Terradoodle: word created from Tarradiddle for sake of rhyme and flow.


A New Start.

Tarradiddle:
n.
1. A petty falsehood; a fib.
2. Silly pretentious speech or writing; twaddle.

Terradoodle:
n.
1. earth doodle.
2. word created from Tarradiddle for sake of rhyme and flow.
(I just wanted to say rhyme and flow)

I decided it was time to redefine this blog.

I realized the other day I have been writing it for almost 4 years.
That's a decent amount of time to contribute to the art of story telling;
which is what Talula does.
Sometimes they are truths, sometimes they are tales, fibs and or
silly made up ideas. Either way..they are important to the collection of art
and the energy of Talula Love Bottoms.

In the evolution of Talula, and the recent relocation to the wonderfully fabulous
Arts Community of Asheville, NC. Talula has decided to incorporate the idea
of travel, doodling and simply...
telling outlandishly humorous, sometimes heartfelt, but often
(most often) silly tales about this journey in art and music.
Some true. Some not..but always with intent, irony or analogy.

Oh, and I got to make up a word. Terradoodle. Earth drawings.
It's stolen and recreated from the above word Tarradiddle.
(and maybe I didn't make it up..but per Tarradiddle I can say that
I did.)

I love words. I love the sound, shape and feel of them as they slide off my
tongue or type forth on my hands. I am, however, very impeccable with my words and
that is one thing that is very important to me. However offbeat or ill nature; the
idea is freedom of expression, sarcasm, and simple humor without personal offense.

I love music. It is the driving force of my artwork..but its the one lyric, the one cord, that one moment that something is heard, created, felt, consumed, that defines my work. That defines PART of Talula.

The moment you realize you have lost, or found...something. That split second that changes everything. It changes the way you see things. It changes who you are.

This is a period of changes. This is a time of embracing fear and allowing RISK to evolve the idea of Talula Love Bottoms.

And...Hello!!! What better place for this then Asheville? I can't think of one.
Asheville is progressive, energized in the arts, exciting, and filled with song.

I'm titling this period The Asheville Conspiracy.
I'm using the word Conspiracy because its dramatic and exciting...
and I googled it and it wasn't currently in use. Score.

I hope that the storytelling aspect of it involves history, fun, and
adventure for the readers who stumble upon it...
but mostly;
I do it as a discipline. A tribute and a focus on the art.

An inspiration to any and all Talula's out there who understand the energy
of an egoless arts movement. That get the fact that you can do it. You can be
an artist. You can be exactly the artist you want to be; there are no rules.

Please comment and contribute your stories and funnies with the Talula's Tales and Terradoodles. I want to take the sometimes emotional storytelling aspect of art and keep it light in love and spirit. As an artist its often hard to balance the highs and the lows.
"...And sometimes when you're on you're really fucking on
And your friends they sing along and they love you
But the lows are so extreme that the good seems fucking cheap
And it teases you for weeks in its absence
But you'll fight and you'll make it through
You'll fake it if you have to".
Rilo Kiley
Better Son Better Daughter

This is in no way a funeral for a funeral IE: Requiem...
this is just a change in the sheet music for a while.

Enjoy.
TLB AVL

No comments:

Post a Comment