Monday, February 20, 2012

Surrender is my strength





There's just something about the North Carolina sky...
So wide open and inviting.
California was always a skosh too yellow for me.
It suited me better than Southern New Jersey;
however New Jersey is where I am from.
It is the reason why I am
the artist that I am.






I spent my childhood opening boxes of treasures. How fabulous is that?
To each their own treasure. That is what I wish for you.

The above bell on the artwork is one of those treasures. After holding onto
it for years and years I finally found a home for it...
and then a friend of mine, found a home for that artwork.

This is how amazing my world is. I am so lucky. I am so grateful.

As I transition into my mountain life...I am realizing the kindness of
strangers, the excitement of newness, and the great influence it will have
on my work. May I stumble upon boxes of treasures to share with all of my new
strangers.

My Mom and Dad sent me off with cash and tears. I wouldn't be where I am if it
wasn't for them. My Dad's love for the randomness of "stuff" is what drives me. It is
my biggest inspiration. My Mom's ability to support me in my "randomness" without putting questions or limitations on my sometimes recklessness...is what gives me the strength to take risks. Thank you. I love you. I miss you already!!!

I am so excited and grateful for the opportunities that are in front of me. I have no interest in the past. ONLY the present. I surrendered to my art a long time ago now...the surrender of it is my strength.

How wonderful is it that I can say that?

Surrender is my strength. Wow.

I look forward to learning, creating and expanding as an artist. I can't wait to
tell your story. I can't wait to look at Asheville through this new lens.
I can't wait to be in the arms of true love.

What is your true love?

3 comments:

  1. I love THIS.
    You have taught me to look at my present and forgive my past.
    It's hard
    My past is a very large part of my angst
    my struggle
    my strength
    It's forever being thrown in my face by family who refuse to let it go
    who get their strength from the matriarchs who are long gone.
    They can't see that WE are the matriarchs now
    and that we are different
    we correct the old mothers' mistakes
    and we make our own
    Thank you MA for encouraging me to surrender
    can't wait to see how this lesson you have taught me manifests itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talula Red. It is mutual. Do you know how much I love and admire your work, your drive, your moxie. You're spirit to resolve. You're good advice. You have taught me that sometimes it takes a while to finish something. You make me want to use oils and paint HUGE paintings. You also made me believe that this project of mine has no boundaries. That it is successful. That you made it your own. I am excited too. So excited!!! Thank YOU Talula Red. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talulah Red. With an H. xoxox. love it.

    ReplyDelete