Thursday, February 23, 2012

"So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains"



Photo Credit
Maryanne Pappano
Impersonating Kate Facenda
Silly Talulas.

Good Morning Asheville.

I was told that if you are supposed to be in Asheville it either accepts you with open arms or pretty much spits you back out pretty quickly.

Ashevilles arms have been holding me tight since I arrived.

THERE IS SO MUCH GREAT ENERGY HERE!

I'm house sitting for these fabulous people, with this great house, and
(as seen above) this amazing view!!!! I feel blessed. I feel majestic. I feel like
I can't WAIT TO PAINT!!!

I remember when I moved to California I only let myself draw for a while. Pencils, ink etc...to try to retrain myself and to be disciplined. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I'm going to start off with here, in Asheville; now that I am a more schooled (but never educated enough) artist.

One thing I have decided is to try to see things like Kate. Kate (Talula Vague) and I became friends because I saw, via her photography, what an amazing eye she had!!! I
am so inspired by photography!!! I am so lucky to have it surrounding me here as well since I am the privileged guest of an amazing photographer!!!

Which - leads me to believe that (since thanks to a good friend of mine) I've recently been re-birthed back into technology and am all tumblr'd and Instagrammed up I'm going to combine these things and see what happens. I've never been much of a photographer and I caught myself saying "I'm a terrible photographer.."I can't" take a picture to save my life" one too many times recently and TALULA doesn't fare well with the I cant's...and well...

Talula's in charge. That we know for sure.

"If you go down in the streets today, Baby, you better,
You better open your eyes.
Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care, really don't
Which, which way the pressure lies,
So I've decided what I'm gonna do now.
So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Where the spirits go now,
Over the hills where the spirits fly, ooh.
I really don't know.

Misty Mountain Hop
Led Zeppelin

No comments:

Post a Comment