Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dramatic Jack White Insert: RIGHT HERE. I want (talula) love to change my friends to enemies...


Piano Window
Cropped top section of artwork
from the Echoes Collection




I'm going to paint today for the first time since the
epic move of 2012.

I like to dramatically title things. Makes me feel more important.

I'm going to come up with extreme titles for this next collection.
I do have such a love affair with words.

Defenestrate is a new favorite word of mine.
It means to throw open a window.

Here are a few things that I feel are happening with Talula...
1. The flow has changed.
2. She is feeling experimental
3. The inspiration is coming from a bit of romance
4. The bit of romance comes from love
5. Love is Talula's middle name
5. and Talula is you.
-----------------------------------
While writing that I just had a defining moment. You know how your therapist (I mean I've heard that therapists may say this) say that you should write in a journal because it helps clarify your thoughts??? Often this blog is a place
where my clarity comes into play. (usually its "out" to play..if you know what I mean).

and those 5 items..plus the extra 5 that I just peeked up and saw (ha..I must have been excited) just defined Talula in Asheville. I just figured it all out. Right now. With you. (well, you aren't here but you are experiencing a moment of revelation in the branding project of Talula Love Bottoms.)

I'm looking at studios this week. We're going to turn this up a notch. Who's in?

XO

Dramatic Jack White Insert:
Jack (I'm pretending we're friends) has recently put out a new album
that is totally self-expressive...

"I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas,".

Enough said...that statement alone is why he and Talula get along so fabulously (in her head.) lol. I'm going to have to write Jack a letter soon...It will start like this...
Dear Jack,
My boyfriend hates that I'm in love with you. Sigh.

Love Interruption
Jack White
i want love to roll me over slowly
stick a knife inside me and twist it all around
i want love to, grab my fingers gently
slam them in the door way, put my face into the ground
i want love to, murder my own mother and
take her off to somewhere, like hell or up above
and i want love to, change my friends to enemies, change my friends to enemies
show me how it's all my fault

no i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
yeah i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
anymore

i want love to walk right up and bite me
grab a hold of me and fight me, leave me dying on the ground
and i want love to, spit ... opening, cover up my ears and never let me hear a sound
i want love to forget that you offended me,
or how you had defended me when everybody taught me down
and i want love to, change my friends to enemies, change my friends to enemies
show me how it's all my fault

no i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
yeah i won't let love disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me
anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment