Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Princess Opens or Shuts the Window" 1, 2, 3, 4


Vintage Parker Brothers Spinner
Inspiration for my first
Asheville Collection.
















This is how I know when things start to get weird. Right?

So...this morning I blogged about my new favorite word.

Defenestrate. It means to throw open a window. My first collection
of gallery shown artworks were inspired by and titled "window".

I was just home in NJ for about a month and a half. During this month and
a half I had a storage unit that I had to deal with. This "storage unit"
was an emotional issue for me as it housed my old life. My married life. It
took me a long time to be able to deal with it and it wasn't until I was under
the gun and needing to officially unload and move on that I was forced to
deal with it. Luckily I had good friends with me to kinda snap their fingers at me
during periods of nostalgia..etc..etc..

Its a shame because some of the things most important to me such as my artwork were
ruined...and I'm not sure if you know how that might feel..but it wasn't easy.

I knew of only a few things that I wanted that were in there. Two of them were not. One of them was...and its this little treasure of a thing I'm about to share with you.

My Found Object art is inspired by childrens games. I went thru a period of collecting old spinners from games. Nothing can be plastic. In my head I knew that there was this one really great spinner. I could visualize it...I remembered it. It was important to me.

I wouldn't know until today how important it really is. I just set up my temporary work space..being careful and respectful that I am in someone elses home and space so I'm being extra anal...and in my work bag I pulled out my paints, brushes etc..and there it was; the spinner. Random.

I instantly know that it is going to be the inspiration for my first Asheville Collection. Then...
I read it.

"Princess Opens or Shuts the Window"
1, 2, 3, 4

and I have one of those moments. I'll call it a head nodding moment. Then a pause. Following the pause is a silent acknowledgement to the universe and a thank you.

Then unfortunately there is the need to document it (as I am doing right now) because this is when shit starts to get crazy...

Watch.

xo
TLB AVL.

No comments:

Post a Comment