Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spread Love...it's the Brooklyn Way!


Talula in NY.

One of my biggest influences, and changing forces in my artwork
is Emily Wells.

Emily Wells creates music by blending her many influences. She is a classically trained violinist with a penchant for hip hop production. Live, Wells creates a lush layer of “symphonies” by looping and live sampling everything from her violin and voice, to her many toys and electronics. She performs both solo, and as a trio with drummer Sam Halterman and bassist Joey Reina, who also appear on her records.

Emily is one of the many reasons why Requiem resides so deeply in me...as (my real self) and as the artist I am becoming.

In this revolution of time (as irrelivant as I deem it)...her influence is matched only in my rooted attachment to Tori Amos.
However....
It's Emily whom I owe my gratitude to currently (Tori...you got me through college!!! and we all know...that was a task in itself...and my success only surfaced through your musical duct tape!)
She remixed Biggies Juicy like Biggie handed it down to her and said...Yea. Maybe it was missing the violin. Have at it. Ridiculous. It has been the song that I have given out the most. However...it is Fare Thee Well...that boosts me forward into this
Blackhole of Revelations (and yes...thank you Muse. For that one)...
I could go on - but I've gotta get on the road.

This is the artwork that defines me..(although it is the treasure of the real me...Talula gets to showcase it on occassion.) It's for Emily Wells - in gratitude; for 2009. You are now tattoo'ed to my insanity. (which in all logic...is simply just the sanity that I live in.)

Nameste Mother Fuckers. AHHHHHHH a brilliant oxymoron!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment