Saturday, January 30, 2010

"...But I shall not give up so easy"


"My devotion has a definition
Something in my mind kept me all the time
If it rains, or if the sun shines
Looking just for you baby, looking just for you baby"

"Music is a matter of struggle."

"A classical reggae should be accepted in any part of the world. Freedom, that's what it's asking for; acceptance, that's what it needs, and understanding, that's what reggae's saying. You have a certain love come from hard struggle, long suffering. Through pain you guard yourself with that hope of freedom, not to give up...""[8]

With all of the insincere and empty music constantly being pumped out of radios, televisions or even computers, it is reassuring to realize that there is no fluff or filler with Joe Higgs' music; instead, he poured every last drop of his soul and emotion into every note and syllable, to not only express his own spiritual voice but possibly as a way to better other peoples' lives as well.


"There's A Reward"
Everyday my heart is sore
Seeing that I'm so poor
But I shall not give up so easy
There's a reward for me, there's a reward for me
Though I'm bordered down with shame
There's no one for me to blame
But I shall not give up so easy
There's a reward for me, there's a reward for me
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child
You know no one cares for me
I've never known sympathy
Sometimes I look to this world with a smile
Man you hear what I say

_________________________________________________________

Talula Love Bottoms understands the above idea...
"Music is a matter of struggle".

It is in this understanding and appreciation that
"There's A Reward" is an anthem to her as well.

It is not easy to say "I AM AN ARTIST"...and to try to live
as an artist in all that you do, in all that you say, and
all that you are.
It is a struggle. Talula's intent is to identify the struggle
within her viewers and sing:

There's A Reward.

In all that you do.
In all of your love.
In all of your kindness.
In every effort you make to generate positive energy.
To create. To give. To empower.

There's A Reward.

FREEDOM!

"We should all live as one, like the colors of the rainbow."
-Joe Higgs

No comments:

Post a Comment