Sunday, June 24, 2012

I live uptown. I live downtown. I live all around.



Change.

The act or instance of making or becoming different.

I surround myself with constant change. So much so I'm not really sure I know what's concrete anymore.

Except that suddenly I look around and here I am....amass this concrete jungle.
The Asheville Conspiracy.



I came to Asheville so that I could change and evolve in my artwork. So that I could be present and progressive in my work.

I have been presented with a few less than desirable situations in regards to the heart.

You know when you get that knot? The one that tweaks out your shoulder? sits in the nape of your neck and pretty much completely consumes you. I was told once its there because your heart and your head are not connected. That one or the other isn't listening.

Funny thing about being an artist is...is that sometimes we think that that "struggle"...that the "suffering" is where the great art comes from. It is, indeed, a fabulous source to pull from.

I spoke these words aloud this week, "If I spend 5, 10, 15 minutes distracted by thoughts of you...it is 5, 10, 15 minutes that I am not creating"...."and that is unacceptable."

Change.


Sometimes we may think that we love greatly without reward only to realize that to be able to love greatly is the reward.






The Changeline

  The Doors


I live uptown
I live downtown
I live all around

I had money, and I had none
I had money, and I had none
But I never been so broke
That I couldn't leave town

I'm a Changeling
See me change
I'm a Changelin'
See me change

I'm the air you breath
Food you eat
Friends your greet
In the sullen street, wow

See me change
See me change, you

I live uptown
I live downtown
I live all around

I had money, yeah, and I had none
I had money, yeah, and I had none
But I never been so broke
That I couldn't leave town

Well, I'm the air you breath
Food you eat
Friends your greet
In the sullen street, wow

You gotta see me change
See me change
Yeah, I'm leavin' town
On a midnight train
Gotta see me change
Change, change, change

No comments:

Post a Comment