Wednesday, June 13, 2012

cause just when the boat is sinking...

I'm frustrated.

I've painted over 35 paintings this month.





I think I've earned some down time.
I rarely give myself a break...but; I said to a friend of mine the other
day that he had been given a wonderful opportunity.

Time.

Time that he might never have again. Time to reflect on things that he may want.
Time to write a list.

Maybe on this list there is an apple.

How often do we think about taking time to eat an apple.

Slow it down.
Simplify.

And on the other end of my own advice is ME...
Me traveling,
me packing,
me moving,
me putting on shows,
me painting,
me packing,
me moving,
me barely taking a moment to eat an apple...

never less experience the art of eating an apple.

I'm taking the next week off.
Fuck it.
I'm eating apples.
I don't really even like apples but its time to fucking eat one.

Slowly.
Happily.
They say apples are one of the #1 fruits that you should buy organic.

Here I am...exactly where I want to be;
I am in the progressive environment I have been craving for so long.
Farmers Markets,
Music....
SICK, ridiculous Music all over this town and I've earned a moment to
breath it in.
Suck it in and eat it with my apple.

Here's the funny....
Let's see if I can actually do the whole week; no painting. NONE.
I am allotting myself library and research time.
(some marketing)
but mostly apple time.

The White Stripes
Apple Blossom Lyrics

hey little apple blossom
what seems to be the problem
all the ones you tell your troubles to
they don't really care for you

come and tell me what you're thinking
cause just when the boat is sinking
a little light is blinking
and i will come and rescue you

lots of girls walk around in tears
but that's not for you
you've been looking all around for years
for someone to tell your troubles to

come and sit with me and talk awhile
let me see your pretty little smile
put your troubles in a little pile
and i will sort them out for you
i'll fall in love with you
i think i'll marry you



No comments:

Post a Comment