Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The sea was red and the sky was grey

I have opted for a simple life.
Sans the drama that once left me broken,
shattered.

You remember me then?

My dogs don't bark.
My cats don't meow.

But the story...
still has the echo of their sounds.

I met your son. He pointed at an artwork and I prayed inside my
heart he wouldn't see the maps. Wouldn't suddenly connect the dot-less lines.

Silly of me; I know.
She was lovely. A bit of a pill smile but lovely none-the-less.

I wondered when she looked back at me...if she thought that my dress was better than hers.

It was, as were the shoes. Too bad it doesn't matter at all.

My dogs don't bark.
My cats don't meow.



Going to California
Led Zeppelin

To find a queen without a king,
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings... la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment