Thursday, October 13, 2011

So why am I still feeling blue? RIP Mikey Welsh...Talula likes Black Holes too...only her's is now blue.




I Just Painted My Black Hole...Blue!
Original Mixed Media Artwork
$65.00
Purchase on ETSY.com
SOLD
















If you have followed my blog at all, then you know a few things about me (or the person I am pretending to be today) which is...
I have a thing with black holes.
I feel some how that the universe and I are connected thru similar energies
as the one's that black holes are created from.
Call me crazy...if you are reading this; you probably have in the past anyway.
It's true.
Or...maybe I'm just messin' with you...
in hopes to turn your black hole blue too.

Ok. Talula Love Bottoms is a branding project as mentioned before.
Consistency is most important when branding something...and as I work diligently
each day to try to take my project to the next level.
I have to practice this.

1. We have the original Talula which we recognize as the girl bending over picking up a bar of Sex Wax titled "Pick Up Your Wax, Bitch" which then evolved into the "Pick up Your Cant's" which is funny bc it sounds like pick up your pants (She's bending over...in her panties...get it??).
2. Pick up your cant's is the basis of the branding project. Flawless freedom in art. I don't believe you when you say you can't. Talula is designed to help you break through the barriers of what you believe art is. What society has convinced you that you "think" you can't do. We do this together and then...
3. You become Talula. Another consistency with this is the phrase "Put your Talula on". It means you can't make any mistakes. You are not judged here you are embraced for your flaws and most often the flaw is the most beautiful part of the art.
I believe that.
4. Consistencies in the art are 1. vintage keys (thank god bc steampunk is all the rage right now) 2. lyrics 3. blackholes. I put a lot of them in the art without people knowing. It's like a present. My energy (Talula energy) in your home...hopefully things don't start falling like dominoes.
If so...
Paint your black hole blue.

This song is from the unreleased
Songs from the Black Hole..go figure.
Just a snippet..the whole thing is kinda weird...which I like.
its a space themed rock opera/musical, it was originally envisioned as the follow-up album to The Blue Album, but over the course of recording, the album's concept was discarded and the album was transformed into Pinkerton.[1] SFTBH was, in the words of songwriter Rivers Cuomo, "supposed to be a whole album of songs trans-ed together," meaning a seamless flow from one song to the next (previous examples of this technique include the closing medley of The Beatles' Abbey Road and various Pink Floyd albums including The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here).

In a 2007 Rolling Stone Rock & Roll Daily feature the album was called one of rock music's "mythical lost masterpieces."[2]

Notice the lyrics I highlighted.
Us black hole people are all alike.

2. "Blast Off!" - [1:58]
[Jonas]
Blast off! Up to the stars we go
And leave behind everything I used to know.
Somebody's giving me a whole lot of money to do
What I think I want too
So why am I still feeling blue?

RIP Mikey Welsh

No comments:

Post a Comment