Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Kills. Baby Says. Hello Talula.


Original Artwork
available at
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TalulaLoveBottoms
Sea Shanty V
Talula Love Bottoms by M. Pappano

I just realized that I haven't written about this song yet.

It's been a daily listen and a good friend.
I'm going to spend some time on it..
and what it means to my work.

When a song gets me.
and I get it...
and that connection is made.
It's holy to me.
It's where I find God.

Thugs of God.

His guitar....that sound; makes me believe.
I'm already completely in love with Alison. I cut my
bangs in hopes to replicate how she sounds in her music
in my art. Which was foolish..I'm growing them out now.
She is a Goddess.


My art wants the simplicity of this.
The melody.
I'm trying to get there.
To the fair.
Tremble like the fairground lights.

Two distinct voices in harmony with
love.

I'm so ready. You are so far gone.
I feel freedom from the noise.

A Howl of Romance I'll Get!!! and I will. You know I will.

The Kills
Baby Says


Baby says she's dying to meet you
(someone she hasn't met that she believes she could love)
Take you off and make your blood hum
(breath new life into you)
And tremble like the fairground lights
(electricity..and the power of it)


Baby says if ever you see skin as fair
Or eyes as deep and as black as mine
I'll know you're lying
(there's one person in your life who's image
will be the one image you think of when
you think of love, pain, life, death.)


Baby says a howl of romance I'll get
(I want this...sounds so headstrong)
From all your sleeping dogs, you thugs of God
I'll get one yet
(From the one(s) you probably least expect it from)

Baby says for all I've forsaken
(left behind)
Make something of all the noise
(turn chaos into art)
And the mess you're making
And all the time's it's taken
(time. meaningless now)

Baby says there's death in these silver curls
That break open jails
Send you diving for pearls
Without a care in the world
(the knowledge rage vs quiet and how to live it)

Baby says she's dying to meet you
Take you off and make your blood hum
And tremble like the pinball lights
(reminds me of how you feel when you hear a good
bassline)


Baby says a howl of romance I'll get
From all your sleeping dogs, you thugs of God
I'll get one yet
(I will...and I can't wait until I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment