Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Downtown" she says boom boom boom...







Downtown $65.00
Original Mixed Media on Wood
Sold!















I love this painting. From the red to the orange and the slick of grey street down the side...I love all over it.
I like perspective painting..I'm not always that good at it. This piece
just kinda happened. I wanted to paint downtown. I wanted the blue North Carolina
skies to bounce off the window panes. "It's more like cold blue ice in her heart
She feels like kicking out all the windows
And setting fire to this life".

I like working with house paints and wood for a few reasons. 1. I get both free most of the time (ya know...those wood scraps in your garage? The old can of paint from your spare bedroom re-do...) 2. I don't always prime my wood because I want the paint to have it's own relationship with the grain. It's what gives me debth and layers. The paint absorbs and dries quickly which makes my life easier bc I have to be fast and efficient (which again affects my pricing). 3. dry brushing. I just love it. grey over white in a sailboat scene for shadows. SO COOL. Light blue over dark blue for texture in water.

It's the simple things. Once again. That really get me.

An old friend of mine just bought this from me. It is so rewarding when friends buy my work. Especially now that were all older, have homes, and families...artwork tells your story. It's about who you are. When a friend buys art I'm sure there's a few scattered emotions in it as to why they are purchasing. Most of my collectors have a true love of art. I know that. Recently I've shipped to New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and now Maryland (piggy backed with a Florida). Donna and I used to "run" these galleries in Cape May, Stone Harbor etc...early in our careers. I think she and I both know what this painting reminds us of. All of our downtowns. Our Cape Mays, Our San Frans, (a little shopping center in Marmora with great bagels and tuna subs next door). Its a universal understanding that we all have them. We've working in them, on them, around them, and now maybe some of us own them. I just try to get into them. Like trooper cars and boats. huh Donna. xo. Thank you.

I can't believe I'm doing this..because it goes so against everything I believe but this one's for you D. I still hear you singing it.
Mr. Boombastic


What you want is some boombastic romantic fantastic lover
Shaggy
Mr. Lover lover, Mr. Lover lover, girl, Mr. Lover lover
She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back she say
I'm so... Smooth just like silk
Soft and coddle hug me up like a quit
I'm a lyrical lover no take me for no filth
With my sexual physique Jah know me well built
Oh me oh my well well can't you tell
I'm just like a turtle crawling out of my shell
Gal you captivate my body put me under a spell
With your cus cus perfume I love your sweet smell
You are the only young girl that can ring my bell
And I can take rejection so you tell me go to hell

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom
boom
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom
boom

Gee wheeze baby please
Let me take you to an island of the sweet cool breeze
You don't fell like drive baby hand me the keys
And I'll take you to a place to set your mind at ease
Don't you tickle my foot bottom ha ha baby please
Don't you play with my nose I might ha chum sneeze
Well you a the bun and me a the cheese
And if me a the rice well you a the peas

[CHORUS]

Give me your loving gal your loving well good
I want your loving gal give it like you should
Give me your loving gal your loving well good
I want your loving gal you remember the woo
Would like to kiss and carress
Rub down every strand of hair on my chest
I'm Boombastic rated as the best
The best you should get nothing more nothing less
Give me your digits jot down your address
I'll bet you confess when you put me to the test
That I'm

[CHORUS]

Gal your admiration if a tick me from the start
With your physical attraction gal you know to feel the spark
A man of few word naw go tell you no sweet talk
Naw go laba laba and a chat pure phart
I'll get straight to the point like a arrow or a dart
Come lay down in my jacuzzi and get some bubble bath
Only sound you will here is the beating of my heart
And we will mmm mmm (kiss) and have some sweet pillow talk
I'm

[CHORUS]

Shaggie
Boombastic

No comments:

Post a Comment