Monday, September 26, 2011

Contempation VI










Contemplation VI $75.00
Original Mixed Media on Wood
House paint and charcoal














Contemplation VI is a repeated image that I do for each show; though different each time. She is pensive. Contemplative. Sometimes her head is forward, often to the side. She is one of the only images I do with a face. Never the same face. Never the same girl...
I love the way the figure fills the space. Normally I don't put a foot in but I wanted to see how the image would change if I pulled it from edge to edge. I think it works.
In the entire collection of 6 (all except this one have sold...most to the same person.) there is one hand (owned by Jamie Kelly) and now...one foot.

The knots in the wood always appear in the shoulder of the Contemplation Series. There is also one in the elbow of VI. The wood is the basis of the story, it is where the figure often emerges from.

I like the ever changing...but similar idea of this piece and hope to continue doing more repeated yet evolving pieces...especially the one's my collectors love and relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment