Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dodging lions and wastin' time


Wow! There's a definite High then a Low...
after a show.
Needed to find my most favorite lyrics EVER...
and re-focus on Talula.

Because this is just the beginning!!!!


Bob Dylan
When I Paint My Masterpiece

Favorite lyric:
Oh, the hours I've spent inside the Coliseum,
Dodging lions and wastin' time.



Oh, the streets of Rome are filled with rubble,
Ancient footprints are everywhere.
You can almost think that you're seein' double
On a cold, dark night on the Spanish Stairs.
Got to hurry on back to my hotel room,
Where I've got me a date with Botticelli's niece.
She promised that she'd be right there with me
When I paint my masterpiece.

Oh, the hours I've spent inside the Coliseum,
Dodging lions and wastin' time.
Oh, those mighty kings of the jungle, I could hardly stand to see 'em,
Yes, it sure has been a long, hard climb.
Train wheels runnin' through the back of my memory,
When I ran on the hilltop following a pack of wild geese.
Someday, everything is gonna be smooth like a rhapsody
When I paint my masterpiece.

Sailin' 'round the world in a dirty gondola.
Oh, to be back in the land of Coca-Cola!

I left Rome and landed in Brussels,
On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried.
Clergymen in uniform and young girls pullin' muscles,
Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside.
Newspapermen eating candy
Had to be held down by big police.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.



_________________________________________________


Thank everyone who came and supported me on opening night! It truly means
the world to me. My art is everything to me...and often...
it is my only thing. To know that you are on my side -
whichever side I fall; makes me so very proud of you...
for being exactly who you are. (and often...you are my inspiration, my drive,
my reason, my past, my future...so if my art is my everything - it is
because of you!)
I love you all very, very, very much!
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. it was a great show and a great artist wish you well in your future and hope that you bring forth great success. remember sometimes we get rejected but keep true to who you are as an artist... it shall prevail. much love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this piece is awesome! i would love to have it for my collection. it seems that you are on your way to a successful career...

    ReplyDelete