Thursday, September 13, 2012

Static: showing little or no change.













Original Sketches, NFS


If I don't put creativity into the universe each day I am incomplete.

If I allow distractions to enter my space, I have become quick to remove them per the act
of practicing.

I won't let love, disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me.

Ahhh...but I do love. I love greatly and passionately. I love big, huge and larger than life....
this love!!! This amazing love pulls me out of the darkness I so often fall into, this love gives me
a place to rest my head, comfort when I am weary, support when I am struggling.

This love is ART! I am so in love with it. Each line that goes on paper. The extension of my hand onto
subject. My eye tracing the outline of a tree until a bird trails in and pulls me into its swoop.

My God! I am so lucky to have this love. To think I often allow rage to consume me; so foolish.

The simplicity in which I choose to live is often clouded by static. I look down on the city that put me under
these past few months and I realize what I pulled out of it. What a wonderful body of work I have created here, gifted, shared and enjoyed.  Everyday no matter how bad the day is I often laugh to myself when I realize in the worst of it...I'm huddled over a sketch pad. Putting it down. Getting it out.

This next series is about these moments; umbrella titled "from concept to completion." The inspiration is coming from the way the birds swoop into the valley here and the "static" below. I have been gifted this amazing view. I am so grateful for the moments I have here I will not waste one of them. Not one. The city below represents static...as fast as everyone was moving; everything was standing still for me. I couldn't see the birds, the green, the movement of the clouds, I couldn't see me - in that space; but there I was - barely moving.

Today I ran the mountain as fast as I could just in hopes that I could get back to do my morning sketch. I am so excited about this practice. So in love with the consistency yet ever changing view; I hope you will enjoy the process with me. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment