Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mornings In Bed - Part VI - Picasso said he can see right thru me.....what a jerk!


Talula Love Bottoms has a penchant for recklessness...
but never stupidity..
If she wakes up with Picasso in bed;
it's intentional...

..and fabulously disastrous.

Like Guernica.
As mentioned in peer groups; if there is one painting that I could stand before
and know that the scale and power of it would change my life;

It would be Picasso's Guernica.
I didn't know the story of Guernica when I first saw the artwork.
I just felt myself fall into it.
Kinda like I fell into bed this morning...
It was really great. Thanks.

The painting sucked in my soul and put me in a place
that I didn't exactly say I wanted to be.

In the 1930's Picasso was increasingly preoccupied with violence.
This is when the Minotaur started to appear in his works. The Minotaur is a
savage mythological beast half-man and half-bull (In the Urban dictionary the definition just says...man?????)

Well..let's just skip over the details of how Picasso viewed the Minotaur in his artworks as it is an unpleasant subject to discuss.... to simply observe what Talula believes its intention was in Guernica...
..Cause it's there; tromping all over the village in its rage.

(insert dramatic classical piano music in the diminished chord here)
Talula believes Picasso's presenting the impact of war to the viewer.

War.

Many artists have interpreted war a million times over. This one artwork...
is the beast of it.

Talula is not a fan of images of war; but it is clear to her, in this artwork -
that neither was Picasso...and in spite of his over psychoanalyzed life...
Picasso's brilliance and understanding of the story he was telling in this artwork
was of epic importance and proportion.

Ouch. He just slapped me. Said he can see right thru me...
damn cubist.

Oh...btw; I'm in Spain. Talula needed some flava...
Out.
T.Corazon.B
(accent over the o)

No comments:

Post a Comment