Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mornings In Bed Part I - Apogee


Apogee

It is with immense pleasure and the desire that I do not die
a death of dullness that I present to you;

Mornings In Bed
a 10 to 20 day series; pending my disastrous mood swings
about....

Ahhhhhhhh...rt.

Part 1
Apogee
Marcel Duchamp and my relationship with him (in bed).

This morning I woke up and put Marcel between my legs.
A humorous man who's love of puns and anagrams started his habit of captioning his works; believed as I often do(not always but sometimes like when the breeze catches my nightie or tossles my recently utubed bangs)THAT in all things there is a need for humor. He, however, did not believe that there was a need for art.
Which was the moment (in bed) this morning when I told him to shut up...in french "Ferme le bouche"...
(because it's the only thing I remember from French class)

Talula believes that art can mend this broken world.(per Shaina) This believe is possibly why her and Marcel get along so well. No reason to agree about everything and well...we are in bed together. So....

My attraction to him is because he was interested in ideas; "I refuse to accept anything on faith. So, doubting everything, I had to find in my work something that had not existed before. And then, of course, once having done something, I didn't want to repeat it."

I didn't want to repeat it
I didn't want to repeat it
I didn't want to repeat it

xoxo...that was me teasing Marcel. He's so sensitive..he was often called shy because he simply had no time for the Cubists (Picasso, Braque, Alexandra Nechita...whom I met once at a gallery in Stone Harbor..she gave me a CD with Glen Hansard on it and some techno.) endless discussion of theory. He whispered in my ear that their artwork lacked humor...of course never saying that Picasso himself was humorless. Just a sexual predator...whhhaaaattttt????

With that Talula boots him out the door and teases him that one of these mornings she'll end up with Picasso in bed as well.
Muah.
xo. TalulaParis.
"Bete comme un peintre" hahahaha. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment