Sunday, February 13, 2011

A little shout out to my friends....


Photo Credit: Kate Facenda


The day a show comes down is always emotional for me.

I see what worked...and what didn't work and I have to kind sit in it
for a while.

However difficult it (at times) can be to put yourself out there;
the worth out weights the struggle.

My friend Kathy...she is an angel in my life. She is one of the most
genuine, kind hearted, honest people I know. She said to me while we were sitting
outside of my show...

"I didn't really understand what you were trying to do...but now I totally get it".

I like to put people together. I wish I was ego driven...I'd probably be more successful in my own artwork; but I'm not. I simply love to support and promote positive energy and if I see it...I will spread it! Kathy is an amazing support in my life. I appreciate her and she is on a pedestal in my world...a really tall one!!! She created along side of my...the very first Talula Love Bottoms pieces. She has this magical line that I am in love with when she puts charcoal to paper!!! I hope she knows how much I value and respect her!!!! (if she didn't...now she does!) This week will be a good one for you because you pay it forward!!! Thank you!

This show was successful for me because I got to enjoy the magic of creative energy with very creative, positive, kind people.

Jennifer Bailey - You allow for artists to have a venue and a freedom to display artwork. That is huge in my world and I am so thankful for you and I look forward to many more collaborations!!

Who's on First Cafe Staff - Always happy, always stoked! Great to know you and be able to vibe off of your goodness!

Jaime Keenan - You are a spark in my life! Heaven sprinkles glitter and gold when you walk!!! Thank you for your goodness and my god girl...you are TALENTED!!! This show would not have worked without you!

Kate Facenda - What a refreshing, pure, genuine gift you have of seeing things like through magical eyeballs!!! I am so glad to have found you and look forward to many adventures! I see big things...and great accessories in our future!!! lol!!!

Dr. Paul Lewis - Higher Path Healing; I think we are professionally trying to accomplish similar goals...you selflessly help me and I appreciate your incredible energy in my world!

Jenn Nelson - You are such a bundle of goodness! I believe in you and am lucky to have your encouragement and endless support!

Tara Kelly - you are unmatchable and treasured! Never leave me for long because I do not fair as well without you!

Nate Tweed - a West Coast breathe of fresh air in my everyday!

Helen Rotherham - I know we don't talk often...and our worlds are coast to coast; but you have been a major influence on the way I view life...I love and miss you dearly every day. You will always be sunshine to me!

Jamie D - Seriously. YOU INSPIRE ME! You are SPARK. YOU ARE FIREWORKS! You were the first and that can never be repeated! POW! Addddriiaaannnnnn.......

Jillian Madiera - You are my music. My life sounds better with you in it.

Chelsea Conner - Laughter. You light up my life with humor and I think you should sing and dance and have coffee together daily!

Meghan Jones - My life wasn't complete until I met you...my mental match in many ways. I can't wait to see what kind of mark you make on this world!!!

Christa Roberts - Honest to god I don't know why I have become so lucky to have you in my world! You are so real and fabulous and I can't tell you how much of an impact you have made on me...I believe again because of you! Thank you!

To my artists:
Ryan Loper, Adam Bruno, Sarah Tschaar, and Melissa Hartwell...you don't know how happy it makes me to know that you understand the power of creativity and that I am part of sharing it with you. You are the reason I do what I do and proof is in the pudding...your are making incredible artwork.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...not even close;
My best friends since I knew the true value of friendship.
Shannon, Stephanie, and Angie
You never let me down. You are the glue that holds me together.
You are my past, present and future. I am so terrifically fortunate
to call you my best friends. I am better because of you...you are grouped
together in this last part because we will never be far from one anothers hearts.
Thank you so much for being you.

For the love of art!!! I believe in goodness and I will be successful in my journey because of all of your positive energy...

and yes. it's true. I love baby arms. Especially if they are attached to Shannons children!!! xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. You're my true soul sister! <3 you mar!!! You're an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love u ! So glad to be part of your past, present, and future :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you forever Mar. Not only is my heart full for you... so do my children love you. It's just that way... and so it goes. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete